Thursday 5 January 2012

2011.....

Yes I know we're 5 days in to 2012, I've been trying to do this post for the last few days but work/life got in the way!!!

One of things I love most about blogging is looking back on past post...... it's like an online diary isn't it?
I kept a diary through out my teenage years but just suddenly stopped..... when I find them I always stop to read through.

So I'm going to do a quick round up of 2011 just to remind myself what I did (it went so quick!!!)

January
ah yes I remember Wreck this Journal...... now where is it!!!


February
Our trip to France

March
One of my favourite months of the year..... 2 weeks holiday, Cheltenham races & the sun starts to say hello!



April
The start of the Make, Do and Mend poppy appeal, the Royal wedding & the month I was told to re apply for my job!


May
VE day & spring is in the air


June
Lots of knitting & the month I was told Habitat was closing :(


July
The first vintage fair in Exeter & a 1940's event


August
My 40th birthday, my parents 50th anniversary


September
Unemployed!!! My 3rd blogging anniversary. 3 weeks off..... bliss!!!


October
Starting my new job & no time for blogging :(




November
2nd vintage fair, busy month for Josie-Mary!




December
Another Christmas......


These are my 2011 hopes & dreams that I posted on my 2010 round up..... have I done them all???


  • I turn 40 :( How did that happen???? I'm still 16 aren't I??? I would like to do something special but not sure what......I was thinking of a lovely holiday but I'm a rubbish traveller....hot air balloon??? Zoo keeper for the day???? Maybe a weekend in Edinburgh???? Only 8 months to sort it out!!! Nothing special done as it happened when I was losing my job...... I might regret that!
  • I must finish my list that I started in 2008!!!! or at least finish my blanket that I started nearly 2 years ago! NOPE!!!!
  • Re decorate the house..... things have been up in the air as we weren't sure if we were moving but I think we're starting put so I want to sort out all those jobs that need doing & paint the living room to make it more homely. NOPE!!!
  • Continue with Make, Do and Mend..... I'm hoping to set up a children's class in the summer holidays but first I need to get everything in order. Now it's getting very popular I need to get the admin side of things in place Yep! No children's class as the other group has done that but I have other things planned for this year.
  • Attend more craft fairs I only did 3 last year.... the vintage fairs are so good for me I don't see the point in wasting time with run of the mill craft fairs
  • Continue to sell on Folksy/Etsy Yep! Both stores are doing ok but an extra push wouldn't hurt.  I know the road I want to go down now so it should be clearer
  • Complete my CV...... I'm hoping for changes this year! This made me chuckle!!!! I was talking about John Lewis but little did I know I would lose my job!! My CV is completed & I will be updating it every few months as I be looking for another job in October...... fingers crossed for JL
  • Sort my back out..... I'd like a full MOT as I've been ill for months now, if it's not my back it's my stomach (pain killers are playing havoc with my tummy) or a cold. I'm going to go to the doctors in the new year & demand more tests NOPE! I never did go back to the doctors, last summer I was so ill with stress that I wasn't even worried about my back...... maybe this year :)
  • To make it through the year with all my love ones..... my dad is going to be 70 in April & I'm starting to panic at the idea my parents will leave me at some point :( Yep we all made it! I hope the same for this year.... including Teddy
  •  Be a better blogger.... the last few months have been so busy I haven't had time to leave comments or post as much as I would like Nope..... in fact I've been worse in 2011!!!
  • Visit my friend in Lincoln....... I've been wanting to do this for years! Nope..... & with the train fares going up I can't see this happening :(


In 2012 I would like to....
  •  Update my website for Josie-Mary & Make, Do and Mend
  •  I'm booked in to 2 vintage fairs this year & need to pull my finger out so I have a decent amount of stock
  • Re design posters & newsletters for Make, Do and Mend
  • Learn how to use my Mac laptop!!



I must stop doing this in 2012!!!!

Thanks for sharing my 2011 with me


    7 comments:

    1. Like you I love reading back over my blog to see what I rambled about!!

      Victoria xxx

      ReplyDelete
    2. it is fun to look back and I have to say I STILL have a crochet blanket I started nearly 3 years ago......and it was on my list last January!
      xxx

      ReplyDelete
    3. I only go to Vintage fairs now. Craft fairs seem to be the same people and same stuff!

      Will there be another Vintage fair in Exeter this year?
      Julie xxxxxxxx

      ReplyDelete
    4. I was a bit sloe in posting this year, I'm hoping now I'm back at work I can get more done! (not that you would catch me blogging at work.....much!)
      Would love to have a catch up this year too?
      Happy New Year to you and your family, I hope 2012 is kind to you and that you get all you could possibly wish for xxx

      ReplyDelete
    5. Looks like a pretty good year for you all in all, and lots of good memories! I started my blog as a journal/scrapbook b/c I hate real scrapbooking (the mess & hunting through all those 1000's of unorganized photos!). It's kind of evolved into something else (not sure what ;), but that's okay too.
      Blessings,
      G

      ReplyDelete
    6. Happy new year josie. By the way- dining room is neat and tidy, for now, but only cause I worked on it. It's the only room that is though ;) x

      ReplyDelete
    7. Great round up, I enjoyed reading it. I'd like to try my hand at selling this year...maybe some craft fairs or fill my folksy store x

      ReplyDelete