Wednesday 3 October 2012

September 2012


Autumn is well & truly here........ this year is speeding by!

I love autumn & I'm enjoying being able to wear my cardigans again...... if you love fair isle cardigans then pop in to Primark, they're so nice I brought two!

September saw lots of knitting for Crikey, my 4th anniversary & losing my wisdom!!!

1 year ago today I started my new job in Laura Ashley....... it's odd to think back to that first day, I was planning on not staying long but a year later I'm still there!!

After a stressful year of looking for a new job I found out at the end of August the lady I was covering was not returning. However my years contract finishes day & I've yet to receive the new contract :(

It's taken over 4 weeks for the top dogs to agree to keep this position & I was told last week that the contract would be in the post. I'm really concerned about working without a contract but I've been told if I don't work I will loose pay....... I'll be glad once this is sorted!

So it's a new month & I'm hoping for some good luck!



7 comments:

  1. Is is really a year, Joe?! Blimey! Where does the time go? Can we have pic of the Primark fair isle cardi please? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, LA sound v dodgy, I'm surprised. Make sure you put everything in writing. Hope all is otherwise well with you and the wisdom teeth nightmare is behind you. I picked up a fab hand knitted fair isle cardi at the Chatham '40s do. Brora eat your heart out!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy October, and I am looking forward to wearing cardigans and sweaters once the weather cools down! Have a great week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry about your contract, I know its not right but I worked for years without one once ! Sure it will be fine. Thanks for the Primark tip off - must get down to Plymouth and have a look
    Best wishes
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Vintage from the Village says don't worry about the contract it is wrong, but I too worked for years without one too!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes can we see pics of the fair isle please x
    I have tagged you in my latest blog post. No pressure to take part but I thought it might be fun
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. time flies far too quickly doesn't it.

    Am sure it will all work out fine with LA - if they have agreed it they have to honour it - what you could do is send them a letter, setting out what has been agreed and saying that you are waiting to receive the contract but in the meantime confirm you are continuing to work on the basis of [details - ie, your position, your annual salary etc] - then, as they are continuing to employ you and pay you, that counts as a contract between you - although by law you are entitled to a statement setting out the terms of your employment. Any probs, give me a call - but now I'll take my lawyer hat off, and say I want a pic of the jumper too!! But am loving the chance to get out all the autumn clothes, scarves and boots. Love the summer, but do prefer my winter clothes - definitely happier in a winter look!

    ReplyDelete