Tuesday 8 May 2012

Victory In Europe

Yes it's that day again.



What a wonderful time they must have had


The joy to know the dark days were over


To remember the 70th anniversary of the Exeter Biltz I was invited to a special event at the Cathedral
I was helping out with Make Do and Mending.... of course!

We had a lovely day & I really enjoyed teaching children to knit.

I hope to have more photo's soon 


The fantastic Blitz and Peaces


Part of the bomb that hit the Cathedral

Have a good week


4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!! That must have been fun to teach kids how to knit!! Great photos, and history!! Have a wonderful day!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post...loved the pictures...xx how they must have celebrated! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe, hope you're well! I love these old pics, and well done you for taking part in the event! Sounds like fun!

    Thought I'd let you know I'm hosting a giveaway with ReVintage Jewellery - don't know if you know Rebecca Gill...? She has a stall at the Crikey fair, you can choose a piece in person if you win!

    Enter my ReVintage Jewellery Giveaway!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 40's style posts you do...all looks jolly good fun!xxxx

    ReplyDelete