Sunday 18 January 2009

Thank you ....

...for your comments on my last post. I do agree with you all .....the 2nd one with the edging is the best :( ... I now have to unpick all my hard work.




The reason why I didn't have edging in the first place was because I was trying to use up my scraps of wool & trying to make a blanket in the traditional way. By edging each square means I have to buy more wool!!!! I used cream because it's easier to colour match.... I would've loved red but that would've meant buying loads in one go.
Also I couldn't work out how to crochet the squares together... I've tried so many times & it didn't work but last Sunday I picked it up & just did it .... how weird!!


I've now decided to do a bit every night to try & speed it up.... I did start it nearly a year ago!!.... so my plan is to go to bed at 9.30, watch 'The Walton's' & crochet!! My what an exciting life I live!!! I even took it to work this weekend & did it on my breaks but I felt a bit silly in the staff room & thought someone might catch me!


Hope you've all had a good weekend


11 comments:

  1. Hello lovely.....sweet blanket!

    Thank you for your kind wishes!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I can't think of a better thing to do in the staff room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for visiting my blog, I would love for you to come back! I am gradually getting to know all the familiar names that pop up :) Oh I can laugh at the muddle today, at least it wasn't anyone over that I had to impress heehee.

    Love your crochet, it looks great. So many people seem to be knitting or crocheting lovely things at the moment! I can't do it, I'm hopeless!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the waltons and cracking on with your blanket... it'll be worth it when finished

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking terrific with the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joe,
    Thanks for the tip-off that the set squares are no longer available, must be years since I bought it! Quite a lot of Habitat furniture has sneaked into my blog today! I haven't shopped there for ages but was quite into it when I bought my last flat. Must make another trip.
    Hope you're having a god week.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just picked my crochet hook up today for the first time and If i can do granny squares one day like you I will be very pleased! Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm THRILLED with my win!!!!!!

    Love them.......XXXXXX

    Love the treat you enclosed for me too!
    Thank you hun!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done with the crochet, im still trying to master it! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Joe, how are you today?x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you did find me. Love to see you again soon. Now I know where the gorgeous slippers that were on Mel Mel's blog came from.

    Oh hold your head high and crochet anywhere. When we had an old volvo estate Mr Bun used to say he would snap my needles if I knitted while he drove, bit too "pass the travel sweets dear" for him. As I do all all the driving, not much chance of that anyway.

    ReplyDelete