Sunday 1 August 2010

Show and Tell Sunday



This month is your Favourite Holiday Destination hosted by Justine.

Mine is C'an Pastilla in Mallorca.
We've been visiting the little fishing village since 1997 since we stumbled across it by accident.

We never stay for long, the longest time was 10 days, it's always a bit of a flying visit...any thing from 2 - 4 nights. I always find it really hard to find someone to look after the cats so never go away for long....it also means we used to go more often.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but for us it's perfect, like slipping on an old pair of slippers! From landing we can be at the hotel within 20 mins, this is the view from the hotel we stay in.

There are lots of ex pats but it does have a nice mix and I feel safe to walk the street alone.
Over the years we have made friends with several bar owners so we always get a warm welcome.

To celebrate my 29th birthday we had a lovely meal in the Spanish restaurant over looking the bay.....


Blimey that was 10 years ago!!!!

We had a fantastic weekend there about 5 years ago just before Christmas.....it was so perfect, I had 5 days off from work the weekend before Christmas (very rare in retail!), we travelled to London on the Friday to see The Men They Couldn't Hang before flying out on Saturday morning. We spent Saturday & Sunday relaxing it the warm....unheard of in December!..... before flying back to London on Monday to see The Pogues. It was the best Christmas present ever.

I've was unable to go back for 3 years due to the cats being old & ill but last October I took the plunge & went for 2 night......


You can read about it here.

I must confess this wasn't the best time, I was very worried Zoe wouldn't be here when I got back so never really relaxed. May be it's time to go back now she's gone but I still have Nanny to worry about!!!

OH is planning on moving there in September, he'll be there 3 out of 4 weeks.....and who can blame him! At least I'll have a holiday home!

So that's mine......what's yours?

Next month Show & Tell is Sunday 5th September......does anyone want to host it?

I'll be back later today to announce the winner of my giveaway.

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely to find somewhere where you can totally relax. The sunset is great too!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place, it looks gorgeous! I'm like that with my place in Venice, a home from homw that I just can't wait to get to xxxx

    I'll host 'Show and Tell' If you want, now I'm back to normal :)
    Just e-mail me to tell me what I have to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm my fave holiday destination is probably Florida. It's great fun but you get a bit of shopping, some sun, relaxing... a real bit of everything which someone like me loves!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete