Sunday 15 August 2010

Crafty Sunday & new arrivals.....

Hello everyone.... hope you're having a good week.
Sorry for the long break in posting.....nothing to say & not a great week for me.

But I'm back for Crafty Sunday



This week I finally found the time to pop over to see my friends new baby...... now 2 week old!
So armed with my new gifts


I went to visit baby Smith


Not a great photo, he'd had lots of visitors that night & was trying to take a nap!

Me & Liv made our own fun whilst everyone was cooing over the new baby....



Yey she can knit!!! I thought she was too young but someone had brought her a knitting kit so we gave it ago, it was slow work but she did it & I'm very proud of her :)
She wants to knit squares to make a blanket for her brother......what a great idea....but after 2 hours we had completed 5 rows over 24 stitches! mmmmm must get quicker!

This week I've been busy crafting.....

Making bears for Folksy & future fairs plus some little gifts for my giveaway & my kind friend who lent me her apron for last weekend....no photo's as I haven't posted them yet & I don't want to ruin the surprise!
I've also been playing around with some red & white wool for a new idea I'm trying out, hope to have photo's next week.

So that's all for crafty Sunday this week......what have you made?

Back soon





7 comments:

  1. That is nice someone so young wanting to learn a new craft. I'm sure she will enjoy knitting even if she just learns and then leaves it alone she will remember how to knit.
    Julie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when kids are eager to learn a craft!
    That tank top is adorable!

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gifts for baby Smith, and how cool that Liv can knit, I am very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baby gifts - especially the little jumper!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I impressed that she is already learning to knitting.It really good to hear that someone so young wants to do it. Love the gifts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear that you've not had a good week and hope that everything is OK.

    Hurrah for Liv and learning to knit, what a clever girl, and well done you for giving her a skill that will last a lifetime. Did you know as well, that knitting is supposed to be a great thing for Primary aged children to learn - something to do with it using the left and right sides of the brain, and linking up all the synapses, plus all the co-ordination skill. Apparently it can really help develop all the connections in the brain that enables reading and kids who knit/crochet etc tend to learn to read, and then read much better than the average. Just a little fact for the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely smily teddy face! Sorry you haven't had a good week and I hope this one is loads better xx

    ReplyDelete