Sunday 13 February 2011

My holiday

Hello, I hope your week has been a good one :)

Just to let you know I did make it to France!
I didn't decide until the last minute...... in fact the taxi came 20 mins before the train left! I hope it was a nice surprise for OH as he had already gone to the station.
I didn't feel great but after a few drinks my cold started to go..... it's the new miracle cure....cider!!!!!

We watched as the boat came in...


It's all a bit blurry!!!

As soon as the engines started I started to feel odd..... I could never go on a cruise! It's such a weird feeling but I took some travel sickness tablets then headed to our cabin.....very small!!!..... we woke to the sound of music informing us we only had an hour!!! A quick shower then out on deck to see us come in to port.

Now we did have a plan....... our friend was already in Roscoff at his parents house & he was returning on the same boat back. So the plan was he would be at the port at 8am to meet us, take us to the town for breakfast then we would drive to the house & see a bit of the country side......well that was the plan!!!!

He wasn't there so armed with just €17 we went to the cafe to wait for him.....he had spare €'s so we didn't need to get anymore. We waited & waited...... 4 coffee's & 2 croissants later & the money had all gone!!!!

At about 9.30 we decided to walk to town, it said it was 15 mins away, to find a cash point. 
Have you been to Roscoff??
 
I guess it's just a stop off point as there is nothing & I mean nothing there!!! The market was on so we had a wander around but it was cold & the walk had been up hill, we just needed a sit down & a hot drink.....getting old!!

After finally finding a cash point we headed to a bar ...... €6.50 for a coffee & a coke!!!!



As you can see it wasn't sunny France but at least it wasn't raining! It wasn't as bad as it looks in the photo's. Our friend finally turned up at lunch time by which time we had started on the beer! Well there wasn't much else to do......... 

Funny bar snacks around here.....


No I didn't try them..... I know they're suppose to be lovely but I'm sorry they look like garden snails & that's just wrong!!

Before we knew it it was time to head back to the port.... thankfully in a car.... & board the boat.


Bye bye Roscoff...... not sure I'll be back!!!!

We had a cabin again on the way back so after food & a few more drinks we settled down for an afternoon nap :)

So that was my holiday...... I did have a good time & I'm glad I went. Although I must be getting old as I was so worn out on Thursday!

Unfortunately OH has been ill since returning :( 
He had a really high temperature on Thursday PM & was having problems breathing, we thought it was a chest/lung infection so called the doctors on Friday. Having told him the symptoms he was told to go to the surgery straight away, after rushing there he was then told that as he smokes there was nothing they would do.
So he's been in bed since then, unable to move, eat or sleep...... I keep checking he's still breathing but it's very laboured. If he's no better later I'll call the NHS helpline but no doubt they'll say the say thing. 

For the last 3 days I've been pottering around the house, cleaning, watching TV & making things...... not all bad!!!


I've been listing daily on Folksy so this little lot should see me through when I return to work tomorrow :(

After a glorious day yesterday the rain is back so it's more TV & making for me today!

Until next time



4 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to go in the end! A change of scenery does us all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to go - even if your friend wasnt there when they were supposed to be! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you decided to go - but yes, Roscoff is a bit of a dump isn't it!! We've been stuck there in the past waiting for a ferry home - still its nice to get away for a change of scene and just to hear foreign language and see different signs, always makes me happy.

    So sorry to hear about your OH, that souns dreadful - I can't believe they were so unhelpful, I mean, OK so everyone knows that smoking isn't clever, but they still have a duty to care for a patient be they smoker or not - he should remind them of the huge amount he's paid in taxes on those cigarettes - probably paid for the salary for a year! Hope he is feeling better soon x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your holiday was certainly an adventure!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete