Wednesday 19 January 2011

We Are What We Do.....

Ever since I started blogging I've planned to post about this but I've never got around to it!

So as I haven't done/made much of late I thought this would be the perfect time.
I'm sure you've all heard about this fantastic group..... no??? Then read on!

Back in 2007 I discovered 'We Are What We Do'....... it's all about making the world a better place.....  
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi

So I bought the book....


And started completing all the actions..... some easy some not so easy! It was £5 but you can still buy it on Amazon for a bargain price of £2.73!!! Maybe people don't want to change the world.

I enjoyed the challenge so brought the next one.....


This is all about the work place & my colleagues were keen to join in.

Within a few months they hit the headlines with the launch of this bag...


Ring any bells????

Yes this bag was sold in Sainsbury's however it was reported some staff were buying them all & selling on Ebay..... on the day the went on sale you could buy this for over £100! 
My dad collected my at 6am that day & drove me to every Sainsbury's in the area to get one but we no luck..... you were given a raffle ticket, 1st come 1st serve & then at 8am you could buy.... even at that time in the morning we couldn't get one!

They're limited addition & being a women because I couldn't get one I wanted it even more!!! I was lucky that I was on the forums & in contact with 'we are what we do' & managed to get one of the 2nd batch!!!! Yippee!!!! 
I often wonder how many are now laying unloved in cupboards..... mine is hung in the porch for all to see but I must start using it again.

I've tried so hard to complete all the actions...... I even started to give blood but had to stop because there's not many places to give in my area :( 
I keep feeding this back to them as they often email & text asking why I haven't been for so long..... I would love to start again.

At the moment I'm tracking 117 actions & have completed them nearly 2000 times - must update that!

Would you like to take the challenge??? Are you already sign up???

You don't need to buy the books now as the web site is very good & you can track your actions online...... 


.......and start the New Year off on a good note :)

Hope you enjoy it!!



6 comments:

  1. This looks like a really good idea and just the kind of 'next step' I need to go even greener. Yes, we live fairly green, but what next? So thanks very much for your information and the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I might have to look into this one Josie, thanks for letting me know about it.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, I've been on the site, joined it, started tracking a few actions, linked it to my Facebook page... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this...off to investigate! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good idea to me, off to look at the site now xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds . . . ;)! I recently wrote 'make the world a better place' on the chalkboard in the kitchen (after I erased Santa ;). Although, I'm not a very good ambassador of that philosophy, it helps me to see that daily reminder. Must go check out this site for more help.
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete