Saturday 1 October 2011

September 2011


Another month has flown by & once again I only managed 2 post!


In September I lost my job after nearly 17 years but did get to spend nearly 4 weeks doing nothing..... ah bliss!


I also celebrated my 3rd blogging birthday...... made lots of rabbit slippers, took part in The Big Knit with Make, Do and Mend ..... 94 hats were made. Went to Bristol to see The Men They Couldn't Hang..... a birthday present from OH. Visited the Creative Stitches show in Exeter & saw the lovely Downton Abbey costumes. And to top it all off last weekend I visited Castle Drogo to take part in their WW2 weekend..... more about that another time.

So September was a good month & the weather has been lovely :)

Just in case you want to see more of the Downton Abby dresses.......





Beautiful but very tiny!!!!


My lovely break is nearly over as I start work on Monday with Laura Ashley.... wish me luck!!!




6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new job ! We went to Castle Drogo to that event last year Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh good luck Joe, you have had some lovely things happen in September. The dresses are great, I love Downton and the costumes are wonderful, one of the reasons I watch it to be honest!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful dresses!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed your time off -- the luxury of having no time schedules or quotas to meet - lovely isn't it? I would sit downd and cry if someone told me I had to come out of retirement and go back to teaching -- quel nightmare ;). But, I hope your new job is going well and that you love it!
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those dresses are gorgeous ! Have you been to Killerton House (near me) - they have an amazing costume display & it's a lovely house too (plus, they do delish cakes in the teashop!)

    Hope the first week in the new job is going well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm late stopping by... I hope the new job in LA is going well! Can't wait to hear about it!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. salve,adoro questi abiti ,sono meraviglosiiii.... complimenti per il tuo blog baci a presto Lù.

    ReplyDelete