Friday 29 August 2014

Day Out

This year instead of a birthday gift my parents took me on a day trip.....  it was 2 days before my birthday but they're going away this weekend.

So after weeks of trying to guess where I would be going I ended up at Oakham Treasures near Bristol.

I'd never heard of this place until a couple of months ago when one of my volunteers brought in a leaflet as she thought I might like it. Little did I know my parents had seen a leaflet too & thought the same.

Liked it....... I loved it!!!

I will warn you there's a lot of photos!







My shoes!






Liberty bodice

My tipple!

I had that monkey!





Yet another new cardigan

I can't recommend this place enough, it was great going with my parents as they enjoyed telling me the story of things they had as children. We went early in the morning & there was only a few people, which was lovely. It felt like we had the place to ourselves so could browse around slowly. I would say it would be boring for very young children so I'm glad my brother didn't come with his son. I think one of the nicest things was the relaxing atmosphere & bored children would have made it stressful!

There was so much to see my eyes were hurting.
 Drink, food, cigarettes, clothes, sewing..... they had the lot!

You can find out more on their website

Hope I haven't bored you all with my photo's!





6 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and a perfect birthday treat!

    Victoria xx
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a great place, Joe. Definitely going to have to venture up there. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your posy yesterday but had to come back today as there was sooo much to see, thanks for sharing such a lovely place. Love your cardigan it looks so snuggly, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab looking place. One for the to do list I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I am glad to visit your blog, and I really like your writing this, it is very interesting to read and helpful as well. I want to learn a lot from you.
    Thank you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay you went to Oakham! It's such an amazing place, we went on an organised group visit just before it opened but we haven't made it back since - it's something I'm going to try and do this winter methinks :-) xx

    ReplyDelete